By Delia De Mello
It is important that you stay safe online. When we collect your personal information, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Please review these data privacy resources:
- A great online resource is www.ssa.gov/myaccount. You can visit this page to open a secure my Social Security account, keep track of your earnings record, and identify any suspicious activity.
- Our Privacy Program page at www.ssa.gov/privacy is a central resource to learn about our Privacy Compliance Program, submit a Privacy Act request, and review our privacy policies and reports.
- In our blog post, 10 Ways to Protect Your Personal Information, we cover steps you and your loved ones can take to protect personal data. You can check out this blog at blog.ssa.gov/10-ways-to-protect-your-personal-information.
- Our fact sheet, How You Can Help Us Protect Your Social Security Number and Keep Your Information Safe, provides details to safeguard your private information. You can access this fact sheet at www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10220.pdf.
- Our Guard Your Card infographic at www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/assets/EN-05-10553.pdf helps you and your loved ones understand when you need to show your physical Social Security card – and when you do not.
We encourage you to help protect your vital information. Please share these resources with your loved ones.